Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Deaf School in Costa Rica

Words can not truly express what I have learned today. It is so exciting to be here! Costa Rica just received approval to start newborn hearing screenings! The speech therapist helping on this trip, Susan Lenihan, is an amazing verbal therapist. She does so much with these kids. I have met interesting people here. The weather is colder than expected and really windy. The trees are beautiful. The people are dear. There is one bilateral cochlear implant. Most of the schools are signing schools. Mostly same signs as ASL with some variances....well maybe a little more than "some" variances. I guess I will post pics tomorrow. I am just really exhausted right now. The pineapple here is absolutely the best pineapple I have ever tasted in my entire life!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I know. You will never want to eat pineapple in the states again. I went to Fiji and ate pineapple and it was the best however Fiji did not have cows milk. I will take cows milk over pineapple any day.

    ReplyDelete