Friday, March 27, 2009

Almost over

The volunteering has officially ended. We will be going back to the states tomorrow. We went to a beach today to finally relax:) The beach was a volcanic sand beach with pretty dark colors in the sand. Even the crabs were dark colored! The bus ride back to San Jose was absolutely gorgeous. We drove through the mountainous regions. I saw two huge iguanas today on a hike. I also made more volunteer contacts with the locals who knew of special schools in the area. One waiter was so touched that he gave us free drinks. He said, "this is a small present for helping the children of my country". I told him that we were blessed for doing it. I had made many new friends on this trip....truly worth it. I will email more pics when I get back to the states. I have an overnight layover in Dallas, but I will email you guys again soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment